Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Butterfly guard

Last week we been focusing on butterfly guard,   For me, it is very hard to keep any guard other than closed guard. I know I will get better in time, but butterfly guard is the most frustrating of all guards for me to even maintain.    I feel like I took a step back this week but its ok, I know we all have those weeks, that I just need to show up and practice.


Other things I noticed that have changed is that I am on my toes a lot more, and more aware when my knee hits the mat.  I am beginning to get an appreciation of what is meant by being heavy and light at the same time.  I am gaining more awareness of a lot of other things, but it is hard to put in words to explain.

Alliance did great this week at the european open.   Fabio Gurgel did something most people would not do.  He stuck his neck out, competed, and won.  You have to admire a martial art and sport that people of any age can come out and compete.   I do wonder what motivated him to do that, the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment