Thursday, February 4, 2010

Half Guard

Yesterday, we worked on half guard pass.   JT helped me understand a lot of the small details on the pass.  I used it twice in regular training.  Thanks JT and congrats on the european open!   Today was on a open guard pass , that I need some more practice and reps on, though I did it once today already in regular training but left a gap between my hips and their hip about 10 miles long that you can drive a small aircraft carrier through.

I am starting to see more and more places I can manipulate to an advantage, I used to stop and think what can I do, now I can see what I can do and continuely trying to see more what I can do from each position change.  

I will hopefully make it to this evening class.  Hope is the keyword.  If not, I will go watch some Demian Maia Science of Jiu Jitsu.  If anyone knows of any other videos that is good to watch, feel free to drop them in the comments.

Take care

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed Stephan Kesting's work, especially Dynamic Half Guard, High Percentage Leglocks, the Kneebar one, and his Grappling Concepts series. Roy Dean's "Blue Belt Requirements" is excellent, and I have enjoyed the Purple Belt one as well though it's less a recipe book and more a philosophical chat.

    Maia's two Science series are, as you already know, excellent. Look for all of Marcelo Garcia's stuff... Mario Feitosa's work is really nice... the Royler Gracie dvd's are amazing (I think my favorite is the Throws and Sweeps one) because he shows them live in competition as well as in the more controlled drilling scenarios.

    Like the blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete