Monday, February 22, 2010

Guard Pass & Chokes

Last week or so, there has been focus on guard passes.  The open guard is an interesting position.  Cobhrina had us do just defend the pass with the legs the other day, and it made me wake up to the fact I could defend just by using my legs.  I was barely using 50% of my legs now, I keep them moving,  and constantly try things until I can lock the person in.    That was thursday when cobhrina made us do that drill.  It was simply elegant way of showing I can stop someone just by legs alone.

Sunday I worked on De La Riva lasso.   I need more practice to get used to.  I had forgot how to do it during live training.  but eventually got the hang of it.  I desperately need to practice it more in real situations.  I felt bad for the person that was training me... I ate mexican and farted about 10 times... :(  I never farted in training before...  It just happen to be on the one on one lesson I was doing.

I now have it worked out where I can train 7 days a week at least once.  this is good for me, however today my body is REALLY tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment