Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Knee On Belly

Jessica and I worked on knee on belly on sunday.   This was not a lot of fun, It does make it hard for you to breathe.  I shall see how well this works out in class this week.   We practiced some side to mount transitions, and some mount attacks.

Then on monday I went to both lunch and evening classes to try out what I have learned.  Lunch class I got a chance to use knee on belly but I did not hold it well, probably due to I was not holding the person down right but I was able to transition to some attempts to submit.   Though I did not submit, I learned how to do it and where I need to fix it.

Evening class was a lot of self defense.   I do wish we get more self defense in.   It is important to me.  I know that in a real fight that all I learn is still applicable, but focusing on self defense gives the comfort room when someone applies a head lock or does a typical street bully move.    The rest of the training was going over half guard, which I need more practice,  the hardest concept I have yet to get is how to get my hips on the ground and keep pressure on their body.

Take care,

P.S.  I did something I thought I would never be able to do, though he did submit me first, I was able to submit someone I personally never thought I would be able to!  It was all technique, the individual was a lot stronger and more fit.  I am very happy about my progress in BJJ.  I am able to see noticeable improvements!  I just wish it would all click!

No comments:

Post a Comment