Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another training day

Sometimes it takes me 100 times making the same mistake over and over to finally click inside my head not to do that even though it looks like to me the best thing to do. I decided to make a list of basic techniques and do each 10 times, then the next one, till I get a 100 reps in each technique, then do it again till I reach 500, 1000, etc. I was working with my bjj buddy chris the accountant, and it is a great feeling that we both want each other to improve. The things I am weak on he helps me out a lot.

There was one technique that looked, wow, I could do this, but when I tried it, my hips said "no" . After sleeping on it I realize that It was cause I was trying to rotate my hips in place instead of moving them out and rotate. I want to test the theory but I have to wait till later on this day to test it out.

I have this theory, that when a person is mentally ready to go to the next level they will. I feel like I am inching or perhaps one cm at a time getting closer and closer to the next level. I am ready, but I still am doing the small mistakes that I see even though I am told not to do that.

Life is good, my girlfriend and I are moving in together. Even though she already spends the majority of the time over my place. The new place is closer to work and both dojos. I am thinking doing thursdays night on aiki. I like the art of aiki, and the flow drills cause I do "feel" my training partner more once I do them. I am "feeling" what they are trying to do.

One last thing.. I love the people at alliance! Very willing to help everyone on the life long path of jiu jitsu.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Paul, welcome to the world of BJJ (and blogging about it)... sounds like you're on a familiar path. Congrats on the progress on and off the mats :)

    ReplyDelete