Monday, January 11, 2010

Wow.. 4 months later

What a journey this is so far. I train at the alliance bjj in roswell georgia. I didn't realize that it has been four months until I decided to check my blog. What has changed from the aikido mindset. Most of the techniques of aikido are not practical at start. It is 1000 times harder to get an arm lock with a resisting opponent. I have seen some aiki like moves but they are limited to what is practical.

The alliance head instructors, Jacare and Cobhrina, I did not realize who they were when I joined. Jacare won the instructor of the year reward. One thing I like about Jacare, he makes every student feel part of the family. He brings comfort to us by saying things like 'let me do my job and give you the skill. Show up, and I will do my job.' Reason why, is that I lack atheletic ability,, and there are more natural people than me. However the amount of time I been training is PAYING off.

On that note, my skill level has vastly improved on the ground. The training method of live training everyday for up to 1/2 the class makes me learn the difference between being taught a move, and being able to execute it. My doubts of joining have been earsed. Yes, the first week is awkward cause you really do not know what you are doing. Now after 4 months, I really do not know what I am doing, but I am getting an idea of what I do not know.

The students there, are simply the best hearted students I seen. All of them are very safety aware. They will stop and show you what you are doing wrong, and praise you when you do it right. I really do not think the alliance would be what it is today without the students.



No comments:

Post a Comment