Monday, April 19, 2010

Today in class

We worked on half guard, but thats not what the class was really about.   Jacare gave a lecture on how you should train.   That there is a difference between training in class and competition.  He told us a story about Rickson Gracie ( I think ) how he never showed how he was really feeling during a roll.  He mentioned that some of us ( Yes I am guilty) say "f*ck", "sh*t" (my personal favorite), and many other colorful adverbs.    That we need to focus on what mistakes we made to get to that position and work to correct them.   I wish Bart recorded the talk, because he talked a lot about relaxing and using the time to learn and make mistakes.

I will say this, I am more and more relaxed than I was when I started.  I hope I am more calm and calculating than I was before.   I do not panic.  Today I had a clear head and watched joey dismount me.  Feeling what he did, I wanted to see what he was trying to do.   He had my full attention.   As a side note, I realized he was taking advantage of my hips being off balanced and too high to maintain control :)

I wish I could train 24/7.  at las, I have work I need to get done and , I personally do not think my body can take 24/7 regular training.     One last thing, I think its personally awesome that Jacare roll with the students all the time.  Its nice to see the pseudo rule "everyone trains no matter what skill level".

No comments:

Post a Comment