Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Day After Pan Ams

You never know what Jacare and Cobrinha is going to teach.   We went over a guard pass, and a rather common situation that I do get into.   We did some drills with it, I did have an aha moment and all was good.

Jessica, my girlfriend that trains there, has crossed the bridge in development that she leaving her ego at the door and realizing regular training is for learning not a competition.   On the way home, she verbally said what clicked a few months ago for me.  That went something like this "I was in a bad position, so i tried to learn how to get out of it.  While it didn't work, I did learn what parts helped the situation, and what didn't.  I tapped and wanted to get back into the same position to work on it some more." When she said that, I mentally said bingo.  Ego and fear is being left behind. and learning shall accelerate.

Other than that, its fracking awesome to train at the #1 school in the world :)

P.S. I got a new gi, my white and blue gi are both tearing up :(

No comments:

Post a Comment